vendredi, mai 19, 2006

Vertical (Scrapbook 8).


Here the last picture of my scrapbook of Lille 2004. Then we shall go to recent pictures. Which are not already in scrapbooks. It's almost the same picture as in the last message (just below). But the photo is on another side. But you can see a little more the old flamish houses of the place. You know, Lille was a flamish town until the french king Louis XIV toke the place in 1671. I was at the feast 1971 for the 300th anniversary of Lille as french town as I was young. But now I think it is not fair from Louis XIV to have make this old flamish town french. It was in the middle age and Renaissance a big place for the trade of textils. And has a flamish culture. The textil industry was also the main industry of the two big towns Roubaix and Tourcoing in the XIXth century and in the first half of the XXth century.The crisis of the Textil Industry came in the sixties/seventies when came the chemical textil industry.
I already published this part of my album in La Page de Dominique et Paul.
clara/cosima/dominique/dominika.

Aucun commentaire: